Is online Counselling for me?
Online counselling is becoming increasingly common. With the availability of technology and internet connection today, there are many advantages to opting in for online counselling as you are no longer limited by who is in your local area and their availability.
Is online counselling for me?
Factors to consider when deciding if online counselling is a better fit for you
There are many factors that may influence your decision in opting in for an online counselling session. These may include:
- location, distance and travel options to get to the appointment
- timing of your appointment alongside other commitments
- availability of a device, internet or phone connection and private space
- social anxiety, disability, chronic illness
- environmental/pandemic concerns
- a preference to be in the comfort and safety of your own home or special place.
Advantages of online counselling
There is a reason online counselling services are growing in popularity. The advantages of this method of service include:
- finding a therapist that resonates with you and your situation, without the limitations of who is available in your local area, state and even country.
- not needing to travel which saves you time, energy and money, and you are no longer limited by travel options or ability to travel
- showing up as you are and being comfortable in your own space, and allowing time to rest after your session if needed without having to drive/travel
- no need to wait in a waiting room, or bump into people you don’t want to be around
- increased availability in appointment times and no need for rescheduling if you have travel or pandemic concerns.
Challenges of online counselling
As many benefits as there are, sometimes online counselling just isn’t right for you in general or at that particular time. Some challenges you need to consider before booking an online session.
- availability of technology and internet/phone connection – and how well are you able to deal with these issues if they arise moments before your session
- access to a private, quiet and comfortable space
- is your therapists online connection enough for you or do you need to be in their physical surroundings to feel a greater sense of connection and safety.
What do I need if I am booking an online counselling session?
If you choose to book an online counselling appointment, you will need
- a quiet, private space where you feel comfortable
- a device (eg phone, computer)
- video call app (we use Zoom) and link from your therapist
- a stable connection with your phone or internet – generally if you can stream Netflix or the like without any issue, you should be fine with your internet connection
- you may also like to have tissues, a warm blanket and a glass of water on hand.
How do online counselling sessions with Amy work?
You can simply book an online counselling session via the online booking system. We currently conduct online sessions via Zoom video as it allows for a greater sense of connection for both of us.
A link will be sent by email prior to your session. You will need to ensure your device has downloaded Zoom and is ready to go at the appointment time. If the internet connection is unstable, the session will be completed via phone call where possible.
If you are still unsure as to whether online counselling is for you, you may like to book a complimentary Discovery Call with Amy to discuss your concerns and see how comfortable this feels for you.
If you would love to learn more about Holistic Counselling you can follow the link Here and read more articles about mental health.
Amy helps her clients move from this idea that they are broken or missing pieces of their own puzzle, to owning their story, claiming back all parts of themselves and merging together as one team to allow them to rest and be in their deepest expression.
We care about your need for knowledge and want to provide as many ways as possible for you to stay informed. Check us out and see what it is we offer!
Looking for a FREE Human Design Chart
Whether you're looking for a deeper understanding of who you are, or simply curious about your own tendencies, this free chart is perfect for anyone looking to start taking advantage of their innate talents and strengths in order to live a more fulfilling lifeFREE HUMAN DESIGN CHART
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.