39-55 Channel of Emoting – Human Design
The Human Design 39-55 Channel of Emoting is a provoking energy that can tease out and discern the nature and spirit of another or a group. It is also all about embracing the depths of emotions.
In your Human Design Chart, your channels represent how life force flows through you. It is significant to your chemistry, your charm, your essence that communicates with the world.
Channels sit within three circuits (individual, collective and tribal), further highlighting different values, principles, emotional needs and core beliefs that come with each channel/circuit.
Each of your defined channels characterisies a specific theme, function or gift that is consistent and reliable within you. If this channel isn’t defined/activated it doesn’t mean that you don’t have access to it, it just means that it shows up in various ways and in it’s own timing.
In this article you will find information relating to the 39-55 Channel of Emoting, including:
- What is the Channel of Emoting 39/55
- How do you know if it activated in your Human Design Chart
- How does unconscious or conscious definition affect its impact
- High expression and challenges of those who have this channel defined
What is the 39-55 Channel of Emoting?
The 39/55 Channel of Emoting according to Traditional Human Design is ‘a design of moodiness’. It is creative, provoking and emotional energy that can see and draw out the true core and beauty in others.
It is the combined energy of Human Design Gate 39: The Gate of Provocation and Recalibration and Human Design Gate 55: The Gate of Spirit and Faith.
- Gate 39 is all about provoking others into self-responsibility and greater abundance. It looks to Gate 55 for support to see or work out what it is feeling.
- Gate 55 is all about emotionally embodying faith and surrendering to creativity and abundance. It looks to Gate 39 for support in self-responsibility and knowing what it is feeling.
The Channel of Emoting is also categorised as a Projected Channel this simply means that the channel is notconnected to the sacral. Expressing the energy located here follows the same strategy as our Projector energy types – ‘wait to be recognised or invited’. What does this mean? That you must wait for correct timing for this energy to be expressed effectively – using your own strategy and authority and waiting for (authentic and aligned) invitations, openings and clear opportunities to share your creative endeavours.
How do you know if the Channel of Emoting 39/55 is activated in your Human Design Chart?
The Channel of Emoting 39/55 is activated through Gate 39 located in the Root and Gate 55 located in the Solar Plexus.
It is part of the Individual (Knowing Sub-Circuit) Circuit, meaning those who have it activated are here to be different and unique in order to bring change into the world. As it sits in the Knowing Sub-Circuit it is deeply auditory by nature in terms of learning and expression. Their path can also be one of vulnerability and struggle, and because it is such a personal journey it can also be quite lonely.
High Expression of 39-55 Channel of Emoting
In it’s highest expression the 39/55 Channel of Emoting shows up as:
- Appreciating the highs and lows of life
- Drawing out the true core and beauty of others
- Provoking people and communities to go from lack and old ways into abundance and expansion
- Connecting to a mature emotional creativity
Challenges of 39-55 Channel of Emoting
Challenges that you may face with the activated 39/55 Channel of Emoting include:
- Accepting melancholy as a part of life
- Letting go of controlling love
- Sudden mood swings particularly if unable to express them in healthy ways
How does unconscious or conscious definition affect channels?
When channels are defined (coloured) they provide consistent, reliable communication between the two energy centres they connect in your chart.
- When channels are conscious (coloured black in traditional charts and orange if downloaded from this website), you are likely aware of how this energy plays out in your everyday life.
- When channels are unconscious (coloured red in traditional charts and purple if downloaded from this website), you may not have realised they were there unless pointed out by others. Or you may have thought that everyone felt that way.
If you have both colours it simply means that you have a mix of conscious and unconscious energy. And you may not have realised the full breadth of potential available to you or been able to articulate the gift within.
Reflective Questions for 39-55 Channel of Emoting
If you have the Channel of Emoting defined reflect on the following questions:
- How do you experience and process emotions in your daily life? Are there any patterns or themes?
- Do you use the energy of this channel in a positive or negative way towards your self and/or others?
- How do you navigate the intense emotional moments?
- How do you consciously and unconsciously provoke others? Why?
- Do you take full ownership of your emotions? Do you let others do the same?
- Were you taught to hide this energy as a child? Or that it was bad? (Consider the circuitry themes that played out in your childhood relationships)
- Were your taught to embrace this energy as a child? How does it show up for you today?
Remember to have the Channel of Emoting activated in your Human Design Chart, both Gate 39 and Gate 55 must be defined.
If you only have one of these gates activated, it is called a hanging gate and you will likely find you naturally attract those who have the other Gate defined – also called the Harmonising Gate. Be sure to go check out each of these gates for further details on how their energies play out.
Lastly, if one of the gates of the defined channel sits in your Incarnation Cross you will find your life purpose is naturally generating energy all of the time. You are not waiting for the energy of the stars or others for your Cross to function or power up – the light is always on!
Meet The Author
- Bunnell, Lynda & Ra Uru Hu. The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation. HDC Publishing, 2017.
- Parkyn, Chetan. Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be. New World Library, 2009.
- Rudd, Richard. Human Design – Circuitry. Gene Keys Publishing, 2021
- Magnusson, Brynja. Incarnation Cross. Ceremoniance, 2021
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions and help support the site.
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.