57-20 Channel of The Brainwave – Human Design
The Human Design 57-20 Channel of The Brainwave is deep intuitive energy that ensures the survival of those who carry it and empowers others towards awakening their own survival intelligence.
In your Human Design Chart, your channels represent how life force flows through you. It is significant to your chemistry, your charm, your essence that communicates with the world.
Channels sit within three circuits (individual, collective and tribal), further highlighting different values, principles, emotional needs and core beliefs that come with each channel/circuit.
Each of your defined channels characterisies a specific theme, function or gift that is consistent and reliable within you. If this channel isn’t defined/activated it doesn’t mean that you don’t have access to it, it just means that it shows up in various ways and in it’s own timing.
In this article you will find information relating to the 57-20 Channel of The Brainwave, including:
- What is the Channel of The Brainwave 57/20
- How do you know if it activated in your Human Design Chart
- How does unconscious or conscious definition affect its impact
- High expression and challenges of those who have this channel defined
What is the 57-20 Channel of The Brainwave?
The 57/20 Channel of The Brainwave according to Traditional Human Design is ‘a design of penetrating awareness’. It is anchored into a deep intelligence based on survival/ancient instincts and gives voice to the truth in the moment.
It is the combined energy of Human Design Gate 57: The Gate of Intuitive Clarity and Instinct and Human Design Gate 20: The Gate of Contemplation and Patience.
- Gate 57 is all about trusting your intuitive knowing and feeling the truth in every moment. It looks to Gate 20 for support in giving voice to it’s insights.
- Gate 20 is all about contemplating life without attachment, being present and speaking the truth at the right time. It looks to Gate 57 for support to become aware of itself and it’s natural power.
The Channel of The Brainwave is also categorised as a Projected Channel this simply means that the channel is not connected to the sacral. Expressing the energy located here follows the same strategy as our Projector energy types – ‘wait to be recognised or invited’. What does this mean? That you must wait for correct timing for this energy to be expressed effectively – using your own strategy and authority and waiting for (authentic and aligned) invitations, openings and clear opportunities to share your wisdom.
How do you know if the Channel of The Brainwave 57/20 is activated in your Human Design Chart?
The Channel of The Brainwave 57/20 is activated through Gate 57 located in the Spleen and Gate 20 located in the Throat.
It is part of the Individual (Knowing Sub-Circuit) Circuit, meaning those who have it activated are here to be different and unique in order to bring change into the world. As it sits in the Knowing Sub-Circuit it is deeply auditory by nature in terms of learning and expression. Their path can also be one of vulnerability and struggle, and because it is such a personal journey it can also be quite lonely.
High Expression of 57-20 Channel of The Brainwave
In it’s highest expression the 57/20 Channel of The Brainwave shows up as:
- Acute intuition that guides you towards survival and well-being
- Ability to think on your feet and improvise where needed
- Delivering impactful insights to the right people, at the right time
- Being finely attuned and anchored to the present moment
Challenges of 57-20 Channel of The Brainwave
Challenges that you may face with the activated 57/20 Channel of The Brainwave include:
- Vulnerable to sound and vibration
- Selective hearing – as protection and because you do not like to be told what to do
- Not always being able to act upon your awareness and insights
- Waiting to be recognised and invited for your insights and wisdom
- Fear of the future and unknown
How does unconscious or conscious definition affect channels?
When channels are defined (coloured) they provide consistent, reliable communication between the two energy centres they connect in your chart.
- When channels are conscious (coloured black in traditional charts and orange if downloaded from this website), you are likely aware of how this energy plays out in your everyday life.
- When channels are unconscious (coloured red in traditional charts and purple if downloaded from this website), you may not have realised they were there unless pointed out by others. Or you may have thought that everyone felt that way.
If you have both colours it simply means that you have a mix of conscious and unconscious energy. And you may not have realised the full breadth of potential available to you or been able to articulate the gift within.
Reflective Questions for 57-20 Channel of The Brainwave
If you have the Channel of The Brainwave defined reflect on the following questions:
- What does your intuition feel like and where do you hear or feel it most strongly?
- Have you ever overridden your intuition or inner knowing in the pursuit of sharing wisdom or insight? What were the consequences or learnings?
- Have you noticed your mental processes and insights working differently those around you? If so, how? Have you previously judged or questioned yourself for this? Or perhaps put yourself on a pedestal?
- Do you shy away from the Channel of The Brainwave energy?
- What is your relationship with uncertainty, the unknown or the future? Do you have faith and trust in life and that everything will be provided in the moment? Why or why not?
- Were you taught to hide this energy as a child? Or that it was bad? (Consider the circuitry themes that played out in your childhood relationships)
- Were your taught to embrace this energy as a child? How does it show up for you today?
- Are you using this energy to it’s full capacity? If not, what will you do differently?
Remember to have the Channel of The Brainwave activated in your Human Design Chart, both Gate 57 and Gate 20 must be defined.
If you only have one of these gates activated, it is called a hanging gate and you will likely find you naturally attract those who have the other Gate defined – also called the Harmonising Gate. Be sure to go check out each of these gates for further details on how their energies play out.
Lastly, if one of the gates of the defined channel sits in your Incarnation Cross you will find your life purpose is naturally generating energy all of the time. You are not waiting for the energy of the stars or others for your Cross to function or power up – the light is always on!
Meet The Author
- Bunnell, Lynda & Ra Uru Hu. The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation. HDC Publishing, 2017.
- Parkyn, Chetan. Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be. New World Library, 2009.
- Rudd, Richard. Human Design – Circuitry. Gene Keys Publishing, 2021
- Magnusson, Brynja. Incarnation Cross. Ceremoniance, 2021
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions and help support the site.
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.