61-24 Channel of Awareness – Human Design
The Human Design 61-24 Channel of Awareness is busy thinking energy that is here to ponder the wonders and mysteries of life and inspire others with their thoughts.
In your Human Design Chart, your channels represent how life force flows through you. It is significant to your chemistry, your charm, your essence that communicates with the world.
Channels sit within three circuits (individual, collective and tribal), further highlighting different values, principles, emotional needs and core beliefs that come with each channel/circuit.
Each of your defined channels characterisies a specific theme, function or gift that is consistent and reliable within you. If this channel isn’t defined/activated it doesn’t mean that you don’t have access to it, it just means that it shows up in various ways and in it’s own timing.
In this article you will find information relating to the 61-24 Channel of Awareness, including:
- What is the Channel of Awareness 61/24
- How do you know if it activated in your Human Design Chart
- How does unconscious or conscious definition affect its impact
- High expression and challenges of those who have this channel defined
What is the 61-24 Channel of Awareness?
The 61/24 Channel of Awareness according to Traditional Human Design is ‘a design of a thinker’. It is energy that is always busy thinking whether it’s seeking truth, resolving the unknown or finding ways to deliver unique perspectives and insights.
It is the combined energy of Human Design Gate 61: The Gate of Mystery and Wonder and Human Design Gate 24: The Gate of Rationalisation and Blessings.
- Gate 61 is all about discovering the truth or something new or unknown. It looks to Gate 24 for support to solve mysteries and in transforming through silence.
- Gate 24 is all about transforming and renewing through silence – to truly master the pause between giving and taking. It looks to Gate 61 for inspiration.
The Channel of Awareness is also categorised as a Projected Channel this simply means that the channel is notconnected to the sacral. Expressing the energy located here follows the same strategy as our Projector energy types – ‘wait to be recognised or invited’. What does this mean? That you must wait for correct timing for this energy to be expressed effectively – using your own strategy and authority and waiting for (authentic and aligned) invitations, openings and clear opportunities to express your thoughts, perspectives and insights.
How do you know if the Channel of Awareness 61/24 is activated in your Human Design Chart?
The Channel of Awareness 61/24 is activated through Gate 61 located in the Head and Gate 24 located in the Ajna.
It is part of the Individual (Knowing Sub-Circuit) Circuit, meaning those who have it activated are here to be different and unique in order to bring change into the world. As it sits in the Knowing Sub-Circuit it is deeply auditory by nature in terms of learning and expression. Their path can also be one of vulnerability and struggle, and because it is such a personal journey it can also be quite lonely.
High Expression of 61-24 Channel of Awareness
In it’s highest expression the 61/24 Channel of Awareness shows up as:
- Inspiring others to see life in a new light
- Knowing what is knowing knowable and of value; what is knowable and of no value; and that some things are just unknowable
- Breaking cycles and patterns and inspiring others with new realisations
- Knowing when to share insights, perspectives and truths with others
- Being recognised for your thinking skills
Challenges of 61-24 Channel of Awareness
Challenges that you may face with the activated 61/24 Channel of Awareness include:
- Trying to control or predict when the inspiration will come
- Trying to solve your own life by thinking
- Accepting that some things are just unknowable
- Feeling anxious over the unknown or mysteries of life
How does unconscious or conscious definition affect channels?
When channels are defined (coloured) they provide consistent, reliable communication between the two energy centres they connect in your chart.
- When channels are conscious (coloured black in traditional charts and orange if downloaded from this website), you are likely aware of how this energy plays out in your everyday life.
- When channels are unconscious (coloured red in traditional charts and purple if downloaded from this website), you may not have realised they were there unless pointed out by others. Or you may have thought that everyone felt that way.
If you have both colours it simply means that you have a mix of conscious and unconscious energy. And you may not have realised the full breadth of potential available to you or been able to articulate the gift within.
Reflective Questions for 61-24 Channel of Awareness
If you have the Channel of Awareness defined reflect on the following questions:
- What areas of life hold the most intrigue for you? Why?
- How do you perceive patterns and connections in the world around you? What underlying truths do you notice that others tend to miss?
- Do you use the the high thinking energy of this channel in a positive or negative way towards your self ?
- How do you share your insights and awareness with others? When has it been well received? When has it not?
- Do you find yourself overloaded or overwhelmed with information? How do you manage this?
- Were you taught to hide this energy as a child? Or that it was bad? (Consider the circuitry themes that played out in your childhood relationships)
- Where your taught to embrace this energy as a child? How does it show up for you today?
- Are you using this energy to it’s full capacity? If not, what will you do differently?
- What practices or routines help you stay connected to yourself so that you channel of awareness is open and ready to receive in the moment it presents itself?
Remember to have the Channel of Awareness activated in your Human Design Chart, both Gate 61 and Gate 24 must be defined.
If you only have one of these gates activated, it is called a hanging gate and you will likely find you naturally attract those who have the other Gate defined – also called the Harmonising Gate. Be sure to go check out each of these gates for further details on how their energies play out.
Lastly, if one of the gates of the defined channel sits in your Incarnation Cross you will find your life purpose is naturally generating energy all of the time. You are not waiting for the energy of the stars or others for your Cross to function or power up – the light is always on!
Meet The Author
- Bunnell, Lynda & Ra Uru Hu. The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation. HDC Publishing, 2017.
- Parkyn, Chetan. Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be. New World Library, 2009.
- Rudd, Richard. Human Design – Circuitry. Gene Keys Publishing, 2021
- Magnusson, Brynja. Incarnation Cross. Ceremoniance, 2021
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions and help support the site.
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.