Human Design: 8 Markers of Life Purpose
Ever found yourself googling questions like “Who am I? What am I here for? What is my life purpose? How do I know what’s good about me?”
Maybe you even asked Siri….!
Rest assured you are not alone when it comes to wanting answers to these big life questions and Human Design may offer you some of the best clues yet to your Life Purpose.
It is so normal to want feedback about yourself and why you are here, but to also be scared or unsure how to approach these big life conversations. So where do you go when Google and Siri can’t help? Human Design.
Human Design is this incredible self-awareness tool that allows you to see yourself in a whole new light and appreciation. And if you are trying to make sense of your life journey, then it holds some pretty big keys to your Life Purpose and what you are here to experience and gift the world.
In this article, we will look at 8 markers in your Human Design chart that can help you discover your life purpose.
Life Purpose Marker #1 Human Design Energy Type
The first Life Purpose marker in your chart is your Human Design Energy Type. This is where you can look to find a broad purpose statement as to why you are here. According to Human Design, there are five different energy types in the world, each with a key role and purpose in the world.
- Manifestors are here to get things started, initiate creativity and transformation, and inspire action in others
- Generators are here to build, physically manifest form and mastery, and discover and dedicate their life to what they love doing
- Manifesting Generators are also here build, physically manifest creativity, and find shortcuts to mastery
- Projectors are here to guide and direct others and hold the energy template of what’s possible
- Reflectors are here to be the barometer of humanity’s health and alignment with their heart, and reflect energies back to those around them.
Life Purpose Marker #2 Human Design Profile
The second Human Design Life Purpose marker is your Human Design Profile number. This is where you can look for information about the roles you play, how you see yourself and how others see you.
It can also help you understand the fears that might hold you back from living true to yourself and what you may need to feel at ease and to move forward.
Life Purpose Marker #3 Human Design Emotional Indicators
This third Life Purpose marker is based on your Human Design Energy Type. It’s not so much of a marker but an indicator.
Each Energy Type has specific emotional indicators associated with it to let you know if you are in alignment with yourself (your purpose) and your strategy to “win” at life or not!
- Manifestors = anger and peace
- Generators = frustration and satisfaction
- Manifesting Generators = anger, frustration, impatience and peace and satisfaction
- Projectors = bitterness and success
- Reflectors = disappointment and surprise and delight
If you are experiencing more of the challenging emotions associated with your type, it can be an indication that you are not in alignment with yourself or you are not using your energy in the best way available. It’s an opportunity to reflect and check in with your intentions and where you are headed. Often times this can highlight where we are acting from conditioning and limiting beliefs.
When you experience the more positive emotions associated with your type, it is a good indication that you are in alignment and things are flowing well.
Life Purpose Marker #4 Human Design Energy Centres
The fourth Life Purpose marker in your chart is your Human Design Energy Centres. These centres are related to how you receive and transform the energy that circulates through you.
- Your open (white) centres offer you information about the curriculum or study units you are here to learn, teach and master.
- Your defined (coloured) centres show the gifts and strengths previously learnt and brought into this lifetime. These are the ones to lean into, explore and have fun with.
Life Purpose Marker #5 Human Design Incarnation Cross
The fifth Life Purpose marker in your chart is your Human Design Incarnation Cross. Your Cross can also be referred to as your purpose – it’s not to be mistaken with a “job” or a destination.
Your purpose in this sense is who you naturally are – it is not something you need to consciously do or aspire to be, it is simply just you.
Life Purpose Marker #6 Human Design North and South Node
The sixth Life Purpose marker in your Human Design chart can be found in your North and South Nodes.
The Human Design North Node is a celestial point that shows you where you are going in life. Your North Node represents what you’re here to step into, learn and become wise in. The sooner you align with it, the more purpose-driven your life will become.
The South Node is a celestial point that shows you the theme of your earlier life (0-40 years). It represents your development, experience and lessons to learn in this lifetime. It also provides the necessary skills to master your North Node.
Life Purpose Marker #7 Human Design Planetary Impacts
The seventh Life Purpose marker in your Human Design chart can be found by the position of the planets. The planets move through the Human Design Gates and provide a deeper flavour of who you are and why you do what you do.
The planets closer to the Sun have more personal influence on your design and day-to-day life.
- Mercury shows what you are here to think and communicate about
- Venus represents your values, morals and beliefs that support you in living out your purpose
- Earth represents the energy that grounds you and what you need to allow/receive in order to fulfil your full potential
- Mars is more about what you are here to become wise about and share with the world.
Life Purpose Marker #8 Human Design Gates and Channels
The eighth Life Purpose marker in our charts (but definitely not the last) are the Human Design Gates and Channels that are defined (coloured).
They are the energies, gifts and traits that are reliable and consistent within us that help us live out our purpose and make us even more unique.
They also highlight what we need from others to help us along our way and what can trip us up or keep us stuck in low-energy expressions
As you can see there are so many clues that Human Design holds in regards to our life purpose and what we are here for. Whether you are feeling lost or needing some reassurance and insight into where you are at in life right now, Human Design can provide detailed information and questions to contemplate and explore.
Meet The Author
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.