1-8 Channel of Inspiration – Human Design
The Human Design 1-8 Channel of Inspiration is unique, creative and exuberant energy. The more it is recognised, accepted and applauded, the more it blossoms.
In your Human Design Chart, your channels represent how life force flows through you. It is significant to your chemistry, your charm, your essence that communicates with the world.
Channels sit within three circuits (individual, collective and tribal), further highlighting different values, principles, emotional needs and core beliefs that come with each channel/circuit.
Each of your defined channels characterisies a specific theme, function or gift that is consistent and reliable within you. If this channel isn’t defined/activated it doesn’t mean that you don’t have access to it, it just means that it shows up in various ways and in it’s own timing.
In this article you will find information relating to the 1-8 Channel of Inspiration, including:
- What is the Channel of Power 1/8
- How do you know if it activated in your Human Design Chart
- How does unconscious or conscious definition affect its impact
- High expression and challenges of those who have this channel defined
What is the 1-8 Channel of Inspiration?
The 1/8 Channel of Inspiration according to Traditional Human Design is ‘a design of a creative role model’. It has immense capacity for creativity and drawing people’s attention to the truth. Here to follow its own path and possesses leadership qualities – yet is not overly interested in being followed.
It is the combined energy of Human Design Gate 1: The Gate of Self Expression and Purpose and Human Design Gate 8: The Gate of Contribution and Fulfilment.
- Gate 1 is all about creativity and cultivating a deep connection with the self. It looks to Gate 8 for support in marketing it’s art and drawing peoples attention.
- Gate 8 is all about radical authenticity, giving voice to possibilities and contributing to the world by just being yourself. It looks to Gate 1 for creative and inspirational power.
The Channel of Inspiration is also categorised as a Projected Channel this simply means that the channel is not connected to the sacral. Expressing the energy located here follows the same strategy as our Projector energy types – ‘wait to be recognised or invited’. What does this mean? That you must wait for correct timing for this energy to be expressed effectively – using your own strategy and authority and waiting for (authentic and aligned) invitations, openings and clear opportunities to express this energy.
How do you know if the Channel of Inspiration 1/8 is activated in your Human Design Chart?
The Channel of Inspiration 1/8 is activated through Gate 1 located in G-Centre (Identity Centre) and Gate8 located in the Throat Centre.
It is part of the Individual (Knowing Sub-Circuit) Circuit, meaning those who have it activated are here to be different and unique in order to bring change into the world. As it sits in the Knowing Sub-Circuit it is deeply auditory by nature in terms of learning and expression. Their path can also be one of vulnerability and struggle, and because it is such a personal journey it can also be quite lonely.
High Expression of 1-8 Channel of Inspiration
In it’s highest expression the 1/8 Channel of Inspiration shows up as:
- Being creatively different from others and having courage to stand out
- Changing the way people see, act and think about life, truth and the nature of beauty
- Promoting and empowering the unique talents and visions of self and others
- Role modelling bold self-expression and embracing individuality
Challenges of 1-8 Channel of Inspiration
Challenges that you may face with the activated 1/8 Channel of Inspiration include:
- Waiting for others to recognise your skill and talent and invite you to express them
- Can lack a natural social adeptness
- May need to develop skills to effectively communicate your contribution to the world
How does unconscious or conscious definition affect channels?
When channels are defined (coloured) they provide consistent, reliable communication between the two energy centres they connect in your chart.
- When channels are conscious (coloured black in traditional charts and orange if downloaded from this website), you are likely aware of how this energy plays out in your everyday life.
- When channels are unconscious (coloured red in traditional charts and purple if downloaded from this website), you may not have realised they were there unless pointed out by others. Or you may have thought that everyone felt that way.
If you have both colours it simply means that you have a mix of conscious and unconscious energy. And you may not have realised the full breadth of potential available to you or been able to articulate the gift within.
Reflective Questions for 1-8 Channel of Inspiration
If you have the Channel of Inspiration defined reflect on the following questions:
- How does creativity and inspiration show up in your life? When/ where are you motivated to share these?
- Do you try to push your ideas, creations onto others before being recognised and invited? Or are you a natural at waiting for these before acting?
- How do you feel about leadership?
- Where have you impacted others thoughts and action about life? How was this experience? What went right? What went wrong?
- Are you afraid to stand out? If so, why? What holds you back?
- Are you a natural in social situations or do you lack social adeptness? If the latter, how can you work on this skill?
- Are you a natural communicator? If not, how can you develop your communication skills?
- Are you using this energy to it’s full capacity? If not, what will you do differently?
Remember to have the Channel of Inspiration activated in your Human Design Chart, both Gate 1 and Gate 8 must be defined.
If you only have one of these gates activated, it is called a hanging gate and you will likely find you naturally attract those who have the other Gate defined – also called the Harmonising Gate. Be sure to go check out each of these gates for further details on how their energies play out.
Lastly, if one of the gates of the defined channel sits in your Incarnation Cross you will find your life purpose is naturally generating energy all of the time. You are not waiting for the energy of the stars or others for your Cross to function or power up – the light is always on!
Meet The Author
- Bunnell, Lynda & Ra Uru Hu. The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation. HDC Publishing, 2017.
- Parkyn, Chetan. Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be. New World Library, 2009.
- Rudd, Richard. Human Design – Circuitry. Gene Keys Publishing, 2021
- Magnusson, Brynja. Incarnation Cross. Ceremoniance, 2021
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions and help support the site.
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.