Human Design Incarnation Cross: What you need to know
Imagine that you are a beacon of light emitting one particular message to the world, impacting people wherever you go. Maybe you are aware of it, maybe you are not, either way you cannot hide from it. This is the power of the Human Design Incarnation Cross.
Your Human Design Incarnation Cross is an innate part of you – whether you are aware of it or not. It’s a flavour or an essence that you carry with you wherever you go.
In this article we will discuss:
- What is your Incarnation Cross and how to find it
- Your Incarnation Cross Quarter and what it means
- The four highlights of the Incarnation Cross
- Were you born with a high or low Incarnation Cross workload
- The biggest mistake people make with their Human Design Incarnation Cross
What is your Human Design Incarnation Cross?
Your Incarnation Cross is made up of four energies – the unconscious and conscious Sun and Earth gates – blended together to give you this “flavour” you naturally emit. It is said that the combination of these four energies equates to 70% of your human design. Each energy has a low and high energy expression.
It’s called a cross because these energies make a cross in your chart when using the mandala view (Rave View) of your chart.
How do I find out my Human Design Incarnation Cross?
You can find out your Human Design Incarnation Cross through the free Human Design Chart on this website. It takes out the hard work and lists the name under your chart. It will sound something like ‘Left Angle Cross of __’ or ‘Right Angle Cross of __’ or ‘Juxtaposition Cross of __’.
The numbers at the begining or end of the Incarnation Cross Name refer to firstly the conscious sun and earth gates, followed by the unconscious sun and earth gates.
There are 192 Incarnation Crosses in total and they fall under 48 main themes. The themes are the collection of gate energies – each theme has four crosses that sit under it, each with a different placement of the gates making them all slightly different.
Your Incarnation Cross Quarter and what it means
Each incarnation cross falls under a particular quarter of the mandala – based on the time of year you were born.
The four quarters are:
- Quarter of Initiation: your purpose is fulfilled through clarity in the mind.
- Quarter of Civilisation: your purpose is fulfilled through manifesting and form.
- Quarter of Duality: your purpose is fulfilled through relationships and bonding.
- Quarter of Mutation: your purpose is fulfilled through transformation.
The four highlights of the Human Design Incarnation Cross
The four highlights of the Human Design Incarnation Cross you need to know are:
- It’s a beacon you carry everywhere without even realising it
- It is not something you awaken to, rather you awaken within it. The more you do, the more you naturally invoke this inner essence within you. The more you trust in your intuition, the more you are led to the places where your essence is needed.
- It is natural to move through the low and high expressions of your Cross – it is not a fixed state, there is no wrong or right, better or worst expression of it. It is simply what is needed at the time.
- It highlights a specific theme that others will be attracted to and pass through your life for (eg. I have the Right Angle Cross of Penetration and it is said that ‘people pass through my life when they need to break into a new awareness’ ) .
I am always blown away by the people who enter my life at specific times with the incarnation cross energy that I need at the time. Seriously it is uncanny!
Were you born with a high or low Incarnation Cross workload?
We are all here for different reasons and experiences. So, were you born with a high or low Incarnation Cross workload?
Here’s how you can tell. Grab your chart out and have a look at the Sun and Earth gates. If they sit in:
- an Undefined Centre (the white shapes): you have a low workload Cross. It simply means less energy pumping through your system. Your energy is activated more so around others and celestial transits.
- a Defined Centre (the coloured shapes) but not a channel: you have a medium workload Cross. It simply means you have more energy available than an undefined centre. However, like the above, your full energy is activated more so around others and celestial transits.
- a Channel (where two gates meet to make a channel/bridge between two energy centres): you have a high workload Cross. It is naturally generating energy reliably and consistently – all the time. You are not waiting for the stars or another for your Cross to function or power up.
Is it better to have a high or low workload Incarnation Cross? Watch your ego here. What matters is the meaning that you give it. Instead, explore how your Incarnation Cross shows up in your life and remember it is simply awareness. You do not need to do anything with this information.
The biggest mistake people make with their Human Design Incarnation Cross
The biggest key with Incarnation Cross is that although it is said to be your purpose in life, it’s not to be mistaken as a job or a destination.
Your purpose in this sense is the flavour that you naturally bring with your presence, it is a higher calling or higher doing – it is not something you need to consciously do or aspire to be, it is simply you just being you.
Meet The Author
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.