58-18 Channel of Judgement – Human Design
The Human Design 58-18 Channel of Judgement is an insatiable energy that loves to bring logic and judgement into the picture in order to improve things.
In your Human Design Chart, your channels represent how life force flows through you. It is significant to your chemistry, your charm, your essence that communicates with the world.
Channels sit within three circuits (individual, collective and tribal), further highlighting different values, principles, emotional needs and core beliefs that come with each channel/circuit.
Each of your defined channels characterisies a specific theme, function or gift that is consistent and reliable within you. If this channel isn’t defined/activated it doesn’t mean that you don’t have access to it, it just means that it shows up in various ways and in it’s own timing.
In this article you will find information relating to the 58-18 Channel of Judgement, including:
- What is the Channel of Judgement 58/18
- How do you know if it activated in your Human Design Chart
- How does unconscious or conscious definition affect its impact
- High expression and challenges of those who have this channel defined
What is the 58-18 Channel of Judgement?
The58/18 Channel of Judgement according to Traditional Human Design is ‘a design of insatiability’. It is the energy of the gifted critic who naturally sees flaws, patterns and opportunities for improvement.
It is the combined energy of Human Design Gate 58: The Gate of Vitality and Joy of Mastery and Human Design Gate 18: The Gate of Correction and Re-alignment.
- Gate 58 is all about experiencing pressure and taking action to make things better. It looks to Gate 18 for support to find something to commit to and the awareness of how to improve.
- Gate 18 is all about seeing wholeness and potential in everything. It looks to Gate 58 for the drive to action on corrections needed.
The Channel of Judgement is also categorised as a Projected Channel this simply means that the channel is notconnected to the sacral. Expressing the energy located here follows the same strategy as our Projector energy types – ‘wait to be recognised or invited’. What does this mean? That you must wait for correct timing for this energy to be expressed effectively – using your own strategy and authority and waiting for (authentic and aligned) invitations, openings and clear opportunities to provide your critique.
How do you know if the Channel of Judgement 58/18 is activated in your Human Design Chart?
To find your Human Design Channels visit https://amydoyle.com.au/human-design-chart/ for your free Human Design Chart. You will need some basic information to run your chart:
- date of birth
- time of birth
- location of birth.
Once you input this information, you will immediately see your Body Graph which will highlight your defined gates, channels and energy centres.
The Channel of Judgement 58/18 is activated through Gate 58 located in the Root and Gate18 located in the Spleen – see image below. If both of these gates are coloured (purple or orange) the Channel is activated in your design.
It is part of the Collective (Understanding/Logic Sub-Circuit) Circuit, meaning those who have it activated are here to drive the collective forward by sharing their experimental and experiential learnings. As it sits in the Understanding Sub-Circuit it is experimental energy that anticipates the future and focuses on how things are supposed to work.
High Expression of 58-18 Channel of Judgement
In it’s highest expression the 58/18 Channel of Judgement shows up as:
- Using your drive for correction and perfection in ways to be of service
- Having the ability to know what is unhealthy and imbalanced – and what needs correcting
- Love and vitality for life
- Remembering to wait for the right invitation for insights before sharing.
Challenges of 58-18 Channel of Judgement
Challenges that you may face with the activated 58/18 Channel of Judgement include:
- Using the ‘corrective’ energy on yourself or others in an unhealthy manner
- Constant fault-finding energy happening
- Remembering the journey to the results is more important.
How does unconscious or conscious definition affect channels?
When channels are defined (coloured) they provide consistent, reliable communication between the two energy centres they connect in your chart.
- When channels are conscious (coloured black in traditional charts and orange if downloaded from this website), you are likely aware of how this energy plays out in your everyday life.
- When channels are unconscious (coloured red in traditional charts and purple if downloaded from this website), you may not have realised they were there unless pointed out by others. Or you may have thought that everyone felt that way.
If you have both colours it simply means that you have a mix of conscious and unconscious energy. And you may not have realised the full breadth of potential available to you or been able to articulate the gift within.
Reflective Questions for 58-18 Channel of Judgement
If you have the Channel of Judgement defined reflect on the following questions:
- What is your relationship with your inner critic? Do you condemn this part? How can you create a better relationship with this part?
- What is your relationship with the part of you the judges and criticises others? Do you condemn this part? How can you create a better relationship with this part?
- How does it feel to know the necessary steps forward or be right about something and have to keep it to yourself?
- Where you taught to hide this energy as a child? Or that it was bad?
- Where your taught to embrace this energy as a child? How does it show up for you today?
- Are you using this energy to it’s full capacity? If not, what will you do differently?
Remember to have the Channel of Judgement activated in your Human Design Chart, both Gate 58 and Gate 18 must be defined.
If you only have one of these gates activated, it is called a hanging gate and you will likely find you naturally attract those who have the other Gate defined – also called the Harmonising Gate. Be sure to go check out each of these gates for further details on how their energies play out.
Lastly, if one of the gates of the defined channel sits in your Incarnation Cross you will find your life purpose is naturally generating energy all of the time. You are not waiting for the energy of the stars or others for your Cross to function or power up – the light is always on!
Meet The Author
- Bunnell, Lynda & Ra Uru Hu. The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation. HDC Publishing, 2017.
- Parkyn, Chetan. Human Design: Discover the Person You Were Born to Be. New World Library, 2009.
- Rudd, Richard. Human Design – Circuitry. Gene Keys Publishing, 2021
- Magnusson, Brynja. Incarnation Cross. Ceremoniance, 2021
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions and help support the site.
If you loved this article please feel free to share this on your favorite social page
Inner work tips and tools
Sign up to our newsletter, no spam, just free helpful advice for life-harmony seekers.
We respect your privacy. We will never pass on your details. We promise.